Budget Travel Ideas
With the increasing cost of health care and constraints of a fixed income, many retirees nix vacations for lower-cost visits with family. However, there are plenty of destinations that can be affordable to visit on a budget. The following are a few ideas for this summer and the rest of 2017.
- Wine tasting in Sonoma, California – Take a bus tour, open-air Jeep, bike ride or even a cable car to tour wineries in California’s Sonoma Valley. Tours may include cave explorations, wildlife sanctuaries, barrel and VIP tastings and a gourmet picnic lunch.
- The Big Island, Hawaii – Offers unique sights ranging from volcanic landscapes to rainforests with rare, colorful birds to a beach with green sand replete with semiprecious peridots. Lodging is less expensive starting in May through the summer months, and authentic Hawaiian food is available at any number of family-run restaurants.
- Madison County, Iowa – You may have seen the movie, but if you haven’t visited the six famous covered bridges of Madison County, they offer a quiet glimpse into the beauty and laid-back lifestyle of middle America. Enjoy quaint parks, historic town squares, hometown fairs and festivals, local wineries, and learn crafts of yesteryear such as quilting and glass fusion.
- Lake Champlain, Vermont – Charter a sailing trip, visit beautiful lighthouses and experience the charm of auld New England villages. You’ll find bed and breakfast options up and down the coast to help you escape the summer heat.
- Savannah, Georgia – Within the walk-friendly historic district, you’ll find an array of park bench squares, museums, low-country restaurants, plus upbeat nightlife options on River Street. Check out the authentic Pirate’s House Restaurant, join the daily lunch line for Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room and take a short drive to check out the peaceful beachfront vistas at Tybee Island on Savannah’s coastline.
Ready to Take The Next Step?
For more information about any of the products and services listed here, schedule a meeting today or register to attend a seminar.